Discover our Downtown Hotel Near UT Austin
Hook ‘em Horns with friends and family at The Westin Austin Downtown, your ideal UT Austin hotel when visiting the campus. We are conveniently located 1.5 miles from the university and within walking distance of many spirited hotspots, watering holes and additional attractions.
Experience the spirit and pride of The University of Texas at Austin. Serving more than 51,000 students annually, events like football games, homecoming, parents’ weekend and graduation draw large crowds to our city. Learn more about UT Austin Sports here>>
Make Your UT Trip Easy and Hassle-Free at The Westin Austin Downtown
- Valet parking, so you can spend time exploring and avoid the hassle of finding a spot
- Pet-Friendly (dogs up to 70lbs) accommodations give dog owners the option of bringing their four-legged friends along. Doggie amenities also included
- Onsite dining, so you can skip downtown’s crowds and waitlists
- Azul Rooftop Pool & Bar where guests can unwind with the best view Austin has to offer
Guest Rooms and Suites Are Equipped with:
- Tech-friendly amenities and a 49-inch flat screen TV—stay connected and watch the game
- In-room coffee maker with Starbucks coffee and Tazo tea—for a refreshing beverage in the comfort of your room
- In-room safe for storing valuables
All rooms offer 1 king size or 2 queen size beds. Suites feature a separate living room/dining area and include a full-size sleeper sofa. Adjoining rooms are also available for larger families or groups of friends.
Be sure to check out our Austin Hotel Deals page for special offers and package discounts.
Only 1.5 Miles from The Westin Austin Downtown
Austin is well-known for its distinctive character, gracious hospitality and, above all, its live music scene. Check out these popular UT Austin attractions near our hotel:
- Cactus Café – Located on campus, this live music venue plays host to both well-known artists and some of the best local talent
- Scholz Garten – Established in 1866, this popular pre-game gathering hotspot features an impressive list of German foods and draft beers. Prost!
- Blanton Museum of Art – located on the campus of the University of Texas at Austin, featuring exhibitions, events, and outstanding collections. Admission is always free on Thursdays and for a limited time admission will be free any day of the week until October 14, 2017.
- The Drag – An eclectic stretch of shops and restaurants along Guadalupe Street on the western boundary of the UT campus.
We look forward to welcoming UT Austin alumni, parents, family and friends this season. And remember, dogs are welcome too.